You’re engaged and now in the process of planning one of the biggest milestones that you will ever experience. Most Brides will agree that entertainment is the determining factor in the success of their wedding. Finding the right service providers to make your big day is one of the most crucial decisions – remember these dedicated teams will be the success factor. Yes, there are plenty of providers that will “do it cheaper” but cheap isn’t always good & is that what you want on your wedding day? We have compiled a list of tips on how to choose your Wedding DJ.
HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR WEDDING DJ
- When booking your Wedding DJ, make sure he/she is available to meet and discuss your wedding with you. Booking a DJ that is in the same province as your wedding venue is highly recommended. Your DJ should be able to sit down with you and offer you his valued experience. DJ agencies from other cities or provinces may advertise their services nationwide, but may not be able to meet with you.
- When booking your Wedding DJ, make sure he is actually the DJ who will be playing at your wedding. The last thing you want is being the guinea pig to some amateur DJ with no wedding experience.
- Reviews – Get references and look for negative feedback or testimonials from past brides or grooms. Look for reviews on Facebook, Google Business & Hello Peter. These reviews are well trusted and come from reliable sources. If you cannot find any reviews or testimonials for your Wedding DJ, that should be your first alarm bell and trigger the question “How long has he even been DJ-ing for?”.
- Advertising in a magazine or on a wedding website does not mean that your Wedding DJ (or any other wedding service provider) is great at what they do unless you know the publication or website is a trusted resource that will promote reliable wedding suppliers (such as The Marriage Meander). https://bit.ly/KZNDJs_music
- Beware of DJ’s that offer discounts for paying in full, upfront. Make sure you do a background check on your DJ as mentioned above. A reputable DJ company will not be using a GMAIL account and a simple Google search for his name should prove his existence in the industry.
- If it sounds too good to be true – it usually is. If your DJ promises you services that usually cost thousands yet they are willing to give this to you at no cost – #AlarmBellsShouldRing.
- A great Wedding DJ is a lot more than just pushing the play button and playing music. It’s about being consistent at every wedding you play at. This is your wedding day we are talking about which means there have been sacrifices made and financial contributions from family members to make this big day a once in a lifetime occasion. Your wedding is a celebration you will want to remember for life – make it count.
Thanks to Jarryd Sunkel for the article. For more info and “Questions to ask your DJ”, see https://bit.ly/KZNWeddingDJ